Winds of Change Newsletter, April 2006 See sidebar for table of contents
- Thanks to the dozens of folks who have contributed to the Coalfield Delegation to the United Nations!
- Thank you to all the folks who helped the Sludge Safety Project during the 2006 legislative session: Debbie, Billy, Jordan and Brittany Sammons, Carmelita and Ernie Brown, Larry and Brenda Brown, Donetta and Lisa Blankenship, Ron Wilkerson, Joey Mullet, Walter and Carol Young, Denver Mitchell, Rosemary Vidovitch, Joanne Linville, Terry Steele, Debbie Jarrell, Mary Miller, Pauline Canterbury, Rev. Dennis Sparks, Rev. Jeff Allen, Carol Warren, Regina Hendrix, Kathryn Stone, Julian Martin, Allan Johnson, Larry Gibson, Maude Rice, Joyce Adkins, Bill Price, Vernon Haltom, and Michael Morrison.
- Thanks to Wilma and Terry Steele for always being there, and for giving weary organizers a place to stay.
- Thanks to Barb and Roby Chafin for constant support and great dinners.
- Thanks to Mel Tyree for constant support and extreme concern for humanity as global warming affects us.
- Thanks to Chris Willie Dodson for work and support with planning the Mingo County Organizing Project.
- Thanks to Brandi Jacobs for work to Get Out the Vote in Huntington.
- Thanks to Larry Gibson for having, by now, 40 gazillion people up on Kayford Mountain.
- Thanks to sponsors of the sludge safety bill: Delegates Barker, Marshall, Hrutkay, Moore, Hatfield and Susman. For supporting a resolution to study alternatives to coal sludge dams, thanks to most of the aforementioned delegates, as well as Delegates Caputo, Wells, Amores, Fragale, Hall, Hunt, Longstreth, Miley, Palumbo, Paxton, Stephens, Argento, Boggs, Wysong, Eldridge, Poling and Tansill.
- Thanks to Senator Hunter.
- Thanks to the WV Environmental Council lobby team: Ted Boettner, Julie Archer, Don Garvin, Allan Tweddle, Denise Poole, Chuck Wyrostok and Don Alexander.
- Thanks to Joan Linville for her tireless energy for ending the destruction of our homes and our culture. If everyone had her energy wed have this whipped.
- Thanks to to Jim Foster, Retha Backus, Charles Bella, Cynthia Burns, Bob and Brenda Farris, Luther and Dara Mccarty. Russell and Misty Kuhn.
- Thanks to Kenny King, Regina Hendrix, Bill Price, Frank Unger, Steve Fez, Nell Zeihl and others working to save Blair Mountain.
- Thank to Greensburg Salem,Pa., High School students Stephanie Loughner, Jill Sompel and Kaitlyn Waltonfor producing Bringing Down The Mountains and for showing it at the WVEnergy Gathering in Feb. 06.
- Thanks to Ronda Harper, Steven Perry, Michael Morrison for help with a mailing. And to Lisa Smith.
- Thanks to RB for shelter and food.
- Thanks to Linda Frame and Mike Forman, Regina Hendrix, Julian Martin and Mae Ellen for willingness to host guests.
- Thanks to Mary Wildfire for editing.
- Thanks to all the groups OVEC works with all the Friends of the Mountains!