Winds of Change Newsletter,
February 2006 See sidebar for table of contents
Thank You! to:
- To Boy Scout Troop 50 of Chesapeake, Ohio.
- The Lost Communities of Mingo County for demanding that state government find them. Lost No More!
- Rt. 85 and Rt. 17 residents who have shared their concerns about mountaintop removal, who are making their voices heard.
- To the folks in McDowell County for moving their legislator to support Sludge Safety.
- Joan Linville, Steve White, Jim and Jean Foster, C. B. and Cynthia Huffman for caring and doing.
- Michael Morrison and Jesse Mwaura for their help so far with the Sludge Safety Project mailing.
- Terry & Wilma Steele, Carol & Walter Young, RB and Nannette & Paul Nelson for use of your homes for staying overnight and meetings.
- Ernie Brown, Debbie Sammons, Billy Sammons, Maude Rice, Donetta Blankenship, Lisa Blankenship, Terry Steele, Walter Young, Joan Linville, Vernon Haltom, Mary Miller, Pauline Canterberry, Kathryn Stone, Ron Wilkerson, Julian Martin, Regina Hendrix, Bill Price, Denver Mitchell, Dennis Sparks, Jeff Allen, Patricia Lynn Feeney, and Tracy Adkins for a great and moving meeting with legislators about Sludge Safety.
- Michael Morrison, Larry Gibson, Joan Linville and Bill Price for help with a literature drop.
- Carmelitta Brown, Ernie Brown and Billy Sammons for meeting with the governors legislative aide Jim Pettrillo.
- Walter & Carol Young, Leroy Runyon and RS for your work on Sludge Safety Project.
- Adam Brown for your help with the Mountain Defender.
- Joan Linville, Mary Miller, Pauline Canterbury, Mike Morrison and Regina Hendrix for help with outreach on the Buffalo Creek Flood films.
- And to Gracie, for her wise counsel and excellent layout skills.
Congratulations to all our volunteers. Yall have put in over 300 person hours in the first three weeks of this year. Way to go!
Congratulations to all the hard working Mingo County folks, for your recent victory in getting the emergency alert system for sludge impoundments. Keep up the good work!