We offer a safe and comfortable work space, and will provide all necessary technology and materials for this position.
OVEC’s Volunteer/Membership Coordinator will be overseen by OVEC’s Project Coordinator and will collaborate with OVEC staff, volunteers, members, and allies in our working region in order to uphold our mission:
Our mission is to organize and maintain a diverse grassroots organization dedicated to the improvement and preservation of the environment and communities through education, grassroots organizing and coalition building, leadership development, strategic litigation and media outreach.
- High School Diploma or GED, post high school education preferred
- Current driver’s license
- Ability to work 20 hours per week, including some evenings and weekends for scheduled events
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word for record keeping and updating data; knowledge of and use of Social Media
- Willingness to learn and master OVEC’s Donor Pro software
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong commitment to social and environmental justice
- Strong written and oral communication skills; comfortable speaking to groups
- Outgoing personality with the ability to actively listen to others
- Ability to recruit, engage, and direct volunteer members
- Recruiting/engaging new members and volunteers
- Developing an “OVEC Volunteer Code of Conduct”
- Attending monthly staff face-to-face meetings
- Volunteer development in coordination with OVEC organizers
- Membership development, new member follow-up communication, and assistance in member retention
- Social media outreach (Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, Instagram)
- Documenting OVEC event details and participation
- Representing OVEC at tabling and/or other participatory events
- Occasionally driving and/or scheduling carpooling for OVEC events and tours in various areas of our working region
- Conducting volunteer evaluations and maintaining sweat equity hour logs
- Using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Donor Pro for record keeping and updating data
- Staying up-to-date on OVEC program work
- Learning OVEC history and culture
As a part-time, regular staffer, anyone in this position who maintains continuous regular employment status is eligible for at least prorated employee benefits, annual leave, paid holidays, and paid sick leave under the conditions specified in OVEC’s Employee Handbook, after the 90-day probationary period. This position may evolve into a full-time opportunity. Compensation is negotiable based on experience.
OVEC is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women and LGBTQ applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
By June 10, send a resume and cover letter describing why you are best suited for this position.
OVEC Search Committee
PO Box 6753
Huntington, WV 25773