Global day of action – October 13th, 2018
Join the global day of action against gas and fracking!
Around the 13th October, people across the globe will organize actions, events and other activities to raise awareness of the struggles connected to gas and fracking – and to push for things to change!
Fracking and gas projects are destroying our environment and our climate, violating our rights, polluting our water, grabbing our land… The time has come for it to stop. Frackdown! Gasdown!
Affected communities have been fighting for decades imposed gas and fracking projects. They are fighting the companies pushing the projects, the governments that support them, the banks that fund them, and the petrochemical giants that make plastic from these fossil fuels.
A global movement against gas and fracking is rising. Around October 13th, let’s show the world that we are a diverse, creative, and determined global movement against fossil fuel extraction. It is time to amplify our voices!
Join us! Organize an action or join one of the actions happening close to you!
Learn more and sign up here.
Global Gasdown-Frackown against gas, fracking and plastics/petrochemicals, for climate justice!
Around the 13th of October there will be a global mobilisation against gas, fracking and plastics/petrochemicals, for climate justice –join us!
Website is also available in
Help us spread the word by sharing the video on facebook using this social media kit.
Gas and fracking damage our climate, and poison land, water and air. Local decision making is often overruled to impose new infrastructure, threatening local democracy and land rights. We warmly invite a broad range of allies to take part in the mobilisation against these harmful practices.
As governments and industry push gas forward as a climate solution, and race to build a new generation of gas and fracking infrastructure and to heavily invest in new petrochemical facilities, we are at a crucial time to take action.The actions are decentralized, and there are no boundaries for creative non-violent events;photo stunts, marches, flash-mobs, actions on bikes and kayaks, banner drops, etc.
How can you participate?
- Organize an action on or around October 13th – add your action group to the interactive map – you have a network of gastivists to support you with media strategy, finding targets and so on – we’re excited to see what you organize!
- Sign on as a partner organization, by sending your logo to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Share the call out on social media (social media kit here) and by forwarding this on to your networks and other mailing lists.
- Contribute organizing capacity – let us know how with the sign up form on our website. This could involve:
- Outreach to local groups
- Contributing to social media strategy and coordination
- Contributing to media strategy and coordination (international and/or local press)
- Sharing and posting comms when the Gasdown-Frackdown takes place in mid October
- Contributing to the Action Kit (will be distributed soon)
We are very open to other proposals!
The Gastivists and Food & Water Europe